Thinking to yourself that “It’s time to look into selling my business”?
Our franchise and business advisor team is happy to provide business selling tips. However, it’s also wise to have a professional on your side when you’re planning to selling your business. The OnPace team will help you to avoid a lot of common, but costly mistakes. There is also no better way to let buyers know that you’re taking the process seriously.
The team at On Pace works with all business types and sizes. We also provide different listing services for business owners looking to sell their business. As experienced business brokers, we will help you accurately determine the market value of your business. We will bring prospective buyers to the table and create a bidding process to increase offers. Our business advisor team can guide you through the entire process step by step.
If you’re thinking to yourself about “Selling My Business”, then take advantage of our free consultations and contact us today!
How Do I Maximize The Profit Of Selling My Business?
- Clean up your financials: It’s always important to keep your books up to date for many reasons, but a lot of business owners don’t. Having professional looking statements is important, because it gives buyers a better impression. It also means they have to do less work to do their due diligence and make an offer.
- Position your business to sell: It’s easier to sell your business when it’s making money or showing promise, because that’s what buyers are looking for. Our team will help you by identify things that may negatively impact your marketability and selling price.
- Properly estimate the value: Getting the price right, when you’re selling your business is crucial. Price the business too high, then you will not get enough interested buyers. Price the business too low and you’ll leave money on the table. Our team will price your business to sell. Pricing a business right leads to plenty of interest and usually multiple offers, which is great for the seller.
- Focus on the value: Buyers want to know that the core business model is solid, so focus on what your business does well. It’s important to make sure that your business plan and your day-to-day operations are aligned. Make sure your products and services revolve around what you do best. Our team will help you increase your focus on what is most appealing about your business.
- Know your buyer and their motivation: There are many different types of people that will look into buying your business. It’s important to know who you’re dealing with.
Plan a successful transition: It’s easier to sell a business that is likely to keep running smoothly with a new owner. Make sure you have staff, procedures and protocols in place to help a new owner keep the business running smoothly.